Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My View From the Lawn Chair

Well, I'm sitting here in my living room, writing from a lawn chair. Yes, a lawn chair. Earlier this evening, Kameron & Kiefer came over to help me take a bunch of stuff out to the curb. Wow! There's a lot of stuff out there right now: old couch, 3 crummy bookcases, old stereo stand, old entertainment center, etc., etc.. I wonder if any of it will get "picked" during the night. Otherwise, the trash men will not be pleased with me tomorrow. I think most of the furniture left in my house is the stuff that's going with me. K & K are going to come back over on Saturday to help me move the remaining things to the garage. They sure are a big help.

I still have a lot of packing to do, but without a lot of furniture in here, I'm sure I'll really make even more progress. Yesterday I realized that what I really need to do is get out the two suitcases I'll be taking with me when I fly and get those packed. Then, anything else either gets packed, pitched or given.

Last night the ladies from our Monday night Bible study had a going-away dinner for me. It was wonderful and sad, all at the same time. I really love each and every one of the ladies so much. They gave me a beautiful sweater and a set of dramatized CDs of the Bible. Very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment