Thursday, July 16, 2009

S.M.A.R.T. Goals

I'm finally starting to see real, S.M.A.R.T. progress in the packing up of my house. Yes, I speak "Business". In fact, I am quite fluent and am hoping to become just as fluent in Spanish. So, just how is my progress SMART? Well, first, it's very Specific: I am packing up boxes, throwing junk away, giving stuff away and moving things to the garage. It's Measurable: just count the boxes or look at the empty spaces in my house. It's Attainable: I only have one house to pack. It's definitely Realistic: I'm moving. A normal part of the moving process is packing. And, finally, it's Timely: I mean, I have to be out of my house on July 31, so do I really have a choice? In fact, just to be an over achiever, I've set my own personal goal of being completely done by the evening of July 29 -- a full two days early. It's all part of my training to "under promise and over deliver".

After a proper amount of "due diligence", later today I am heading to Overland Park, to my friend Greg's house. Greg and I, along with his pickup truck, will head to Olathe to pick up a dresser and mirror from the Meekers. Then, we'll bring that to my house, drop it off in the garage, and pick up the waiting BBQ grill and accessories. They're heading to Bob's house in Parkville. I've routed us in the most efficient way possible so as to achieve a "maximum ROI". See, I told you I'm fluent in Business.

It's really starting to hit me that 29 years in Lawrence is quickly coming to an end. Wow! Has it really been 29 years? That would make me... Never mind.

In addition to the packing, I've been spending as much time as possible with friends, trying to make the most of the few remaining weeks I have here.

No comments:

Post a Comment