Monday, January 25, 2010

2-for-2 and a Moto...

Last week was a good week: I went 2-for-2 at the post office.  Both of my trips down there resulted in a card or letter for me.  It really is amazing how uplifting a card or note from the States is.  It makes me feel remembered and a part of things.

Yes, last week was a good week: I bought a motorcycle.  I am the proud owner of a 2009 Honda V-men.  It's a 125cc bike, which is pretty small by US standards, but is actually a very common size of bike here.  I would have rather purchased a 150, but Honda doesn't make one in this style.  While shopping, I was determined to find a chopper-style moto because it gives a more upright, comfortable ride.  

What do you think?


Yeah, I like it, too!
 

3 comments:

  1. I like it!!! Reminds me of the commercial where Lance wants to race the guy on the motorcycle!!
    Do you want to race on the Cottonwood 200? Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I remember that commercial, too, Carolyn. And, that reminds me of when we were riding the Tour de County and got caught on the 'wrong side of the tracks' waiting forever on a train. Then a moto pulled up. Do you remember us jokingly challenging him to a race? A simple head nod, which he probably didn't understand, but we could laugh about it!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do remember that!!! That day was so much fun!! A little chilly but a great day!!! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete