Thursday, February 4, 2010

Grey's Thursdays...

Yes, even here in Honduras, we watch Grey's Anatomy.  Thankfully, our cable company rebroadcasts WABC from New York City.  So we've made Thursday night "Girls Night".  Sandi comes over, and then she, Jenny and I watch it together.  I'm glad that we're finally back to new episodes.

This week, we've spent a lot of time searching for ceramic tiles for the counter top in the Center.  You would not believe how hard (impossible, really) it is to get black and white tiles in the same size.  We've tried to get 15x15(cm), 20x20, and 20x30.  It should be simple, really.  White tiles and black tiles.  But it seems that if we find black tiles, we can't get the same size in white and vice versa.  Yes, of course we've tried to buy the black from one place and white from another.  It's just not working.  Believe me, if we could find a way, we would.  So, we've settled for white tiles and black grout.  It should look pretty cool.

If all goes as planned, I'm heading in to Tegucigalpa tomorrow morning.  I need to get a few things done for my motorcycle.  Hermes needs to pick up more of our curriculum and also buy some chairs.  It looks like a trip to PriceSmart is in our future!

The weather here is starting to get pretty hot.  Most days it get up into the upper 80s or lower 90s.  Shortly, however, it will get much hotter.  And, we're in the dry season now so any rain showers will be few and far between.  Already, I can see how the grass is starting to dry out.  The up side of all of that is that it's almost mango season!!  Yes, I love mangos!  I'm already planning to buy enough to peel and freeze so that we have some later in the year.

Well, that's about it for tonight.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey Susan...you are ahead of me on watching Grey's. I have been recording them but I still haven't seen the episode in December before they took a break. Reid is out of town so I'm hoping this Sunday to watch all of my recorded shows!!! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete