Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tick, Tick, Tick...

That ominous sound is the passing of time.  A daily reminder that, now, my current visa expires in three days and we are STILL waiting for an answer.  If something doesn't change soon, as in, right away, I will need to leave the country on Saturday and spend three days somewhere else.  The really bad part of that is that I can't get any good airline deals at this time.  The bus?  To Costa Rica?  I've done it before.

On Monday, Sandi called Ana Rut at the OIM and was told that she (Ana Rut) would have an answer by Tuesday.  Sandi was also told not to call back, that Ana Rut would call her.  Oh, there are times I wish I was a betting woman.  I could have cleaned up had I only bet against a phone call.  No, of course Ana Rut didn't call.  So, I'm still waiting.

It can get pretty frustrating: inconsistencies, laws that change with no notice, indecision, mucho corrupción, etc.  That has been one of the hardest things to get used to here, especially for a take-charge kind-of-person like me who is used to having all her ducks in a row.  Hopefully, we'll get some answers, positive answers, when Sandi calls Ana Rut this morning.

But, for now, I wait.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness! But I sure believe that is how it all happens around there! I'll keep checking back to hear what happens.

    ReplyDelete