Sunday, April 25, 2010

¡Increíble!...

Yes, ¡increíble!  Absolutely incredilble!  In a strangely funny twist of irony, our Denton-shipped container is scheduled to arrive here in Honduras on May 8 or so.  Ironic because I leave for six weeks in the States on April 28. So, my things will finally get here, after almost 9 months, but I won't be here to start going through them.  Oh well, the boxes will be waiting for me when I get back.  Box after box after box.  I'm sure I will hardly know where to start.

No, I know exactly where I'll start: setting up the TV and BluRay player.  Wait, I should probably start by filling the bookshelves with books.  But the kitchen needs to be set up, too.  On second thought, maybe I have no idea where I'll start.  Actually, I'm sure I'll start by sorting, again, and thinning out my stuff some more.

While I was packing to move here, I thought I had done quite an admirable job of getting rid of a lot of my stuff.  I mean, I gave away, threw away or sold more things than any one person really needs.  Yet, my remaining things filled my one-car garage and then filled a decent sized moving truck.  Yes, I can rationalize and say that some of those things are for the ministry here, that they're not really for me, but let's face it -- I still have too much.

Well, this will be another opportunity for me to see just how attached to physical things I really am.  I hope I pass the test!

One thing that I'm a little sad about is that my cycling sandals, my Keen cycling sandals are among my things.  That means that I won't have them when it comes time to do some rides in the States.  I'm glad that I still have a pair of cycling shoes waiting for me in Shawnee.  Plus, I can't remember where my bike helmet is.  Did I pack it to come down here? Or is it waiting for me, as well?  I'll know the answer to those questions, and more, by this time next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment