Tuesday, April 27, 2010

So, I'm Leavin', on a Jet Plane...

Yes, it's true.  All my bags are packed; I'm ready to go.

So, in my last remaining minutes before turning off the computer, possibly until I land in the US tomorrow, I thought I'd do a quick update.

Rain.  Rain.  And more rain.  Wow!  It rained buckets last night.  In fact, it rained in my kitchen!  I was on the computer and happened to look up and behind me.  Don't ask my why;  I just did.  A leak that had previously been fixed was leaking.  I got out a towel and a pot.  Then I started looking at the other places in the house where it's leaked in the past.  They're easy to spot.  The one over the dining room table was getting a bit wavy and water soaked, so I moved the table a bit so that if it started leaking after I went to bed, at least the table would not get ruined.  It didn't leak.

I didn't actually make it to bed until well past midnight, and got up at 5am, but don't feel tired at all.  Now, let's see how it goes later today!!  But, I think I've accomplished all that I needed to.  My suitcases are packed.  The linens on my bed are changed for houseguests who are arriving on Thursday.  Trash is taken out.  Dishes are done and put away.  Yup, I think I've got it all covered.

Yes, I have my passport.  Don't worry.  Hmmmm, maybe I should go double check any way.  Yup.  It's there.

So, now it's time for my good-byes:

Good-bye, avocado.  I will miss your rich, buttery goodness.  I'll miss you with salt and lime.  I'll miss your cheapness -- cost, that is.

Good-bye, mango.  Our time together has been all too brief this season  The fault is entirely mine.  I fear that you shall depart before I return.  Well, I will patiently wait for your return next year, dreaming of you longingly.  Perhaps I will even plan future trips to better accommodate your seasonal appearance.

Good-bye, guanabana.  I wonder if you'll still be hanging around when I come back. 

Good-bye, fresh tortillas.  I shan't forget you and will quickly come visit your hot, steamy goodness in June.

OK, that's enough good-byes.  I've just made myself hungry again.  And, that's after enjoying two avocados this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment