Friday, January 14, 2011

Definitely Home...

Well, let's see, I've been back home for less than 4 full days and already have been super busy.

Trify and Erica picked me up at the airport and it was so good to see them. It was also so good to be back in the warmth. Yeah, the heat in San Pedro might have been a bit extreme, but it sure felt good to me. The last few days here in Comayagua have been much cooler.

On our way back to Comayagua, we stopped at the row of fruit stands that are a fairly regular stop for us. Trify wanted a coconut, and Erica & I also thought it was a good idea. The coconuts weren't as cold as we would have liked, but they were quite tasty anyway. We all quickly finished the coconut water and the girl at the stand hacked our coconuts open so that we could eat the coconut meat.

Back at Enlaces, I quickly unpacked one suitcase. The other still sits on my bedroom floor, with one or two items being emptied from it each day. I think I really need to pick up the pace on the unpacking.

Since getting back, my days have been filled with fighting viruses on our computers and also adding memory to them. I have all but two computers upgraded with memory. The virus battle continues, but it's coming along. One computer seems to be giving me particular fits, though. Ugh! Maybe I'd have more success tilting at windmills?

I'm really hoping to get down to the post office today. It's been a while. Heck, I haven't even gotten my motorcycle out of the bodega yet. I had planned to take it out this week and just ride around in the area, but sometimes our plans have to be laid aside.

So far this morning, I've been spending time on the internet looking for car parts. No, not for me, Silly. I have no car here. I'm looking for car parts for Hermes and Rolando. I'm pretty sure we've got the right one for Rolando, but the ones that Hermes needs are proving to be a bit more difficult. He has pictures of them, and their Spanish names, but I still can't find them. It's proving to be a bit frustrating because I'm normally pretty good at ferreting things out on the interwebs.

My English classes for the adults will start on Monday. I'm going to teach three different classes and will be teaching Monday thru Friday. So far, everyone seems quite excited for the classes to start. Let's see if they're still excited when they have homework or a test.

No comments:

Post a Comment