Saturday, February 5, 2011

On the Road to La Libertad...

Today I decided to go for a nice leisurely motorcycle ride out toward La Libertad. I've wanted to get some photos, but have never had my camera with me while out that way. Today, all that changed. I grabbed my point-n-shoot digital camera and put it in a backpack. I tucked away a few Lempiras in case I decided to stop for a Coke or something. Then I was on my way.

Here's a photo I took not too far outside of Comayagua...

Just a few kilometers further down the road, there is a cemetery that sits under a power tower...

This is a scene along the way...

Here is a scene looking down on one of the market roads in La Libertad (notice the bird's nest of wires on the power pole)...

And finally, a shanty town that has sprung up on the side of a mountain...

Yes, people are really living in those homes.

Being out in the warm sunshine was wonderful. I often use bike time, whether bicycle or motorcycle, as prayer time. For me, it's very easy to focus on God when I'm out in His creation.

Once back in Comayagua, I stopped at a little comedor that makes wonderful pupusas and had lunch. After that, I leisurely wound my way back through the city and finally home again. I had been out for several hours, putting almost 100 kilometers on my moto. I also got quite a bit of sun on my arms. Reminder to self: Next time, wear sunscreen.

I took a lot more photos than I've posted here. I'll be uploading them to Facebook in just a few minutes. Feel free to peruse.

No comments:

Post a Comment