Sunday, August 30, 2009

And a Cockroach, to Boot...

Vinegar did NOT do anything for the ants. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. I cleaned off the counters with hot soapy water, then dried them. Next, I sprayed them down with full-strength vinegar and let that air dry on the counter. Within minutes the ants were walking all over it. I was frustrated, but at least my kitchen smelled like a salad for a little while. All I would have needed was to add some olive oil.

This morning, though, I met my kryptonite: Mr. Cockroach!! Few people realize how much I hate them. Did I say, "hate"? Perhaps loathe and despise would be more appropriate. Roaches are to me almost what snakes are to Glenda. That should put it in perspective for some. After my shower, I was back in the bathroom and went to squeegee out the shower floor, to keep it free of standing water. Well, there he was, swimming around in the corner, mocking me with his antennae, daring me to do something about it. So I did. I squished the entire 2 1/2 inch length of his ugly little body. He squirmed. I squished some more. Finally, the fight went out of him and he surrendered to death. I picked him up, with the squeegee of course, and gave him his proper burial. FLUSH!

I'm better now. In fact, I'm ready to head out the door to go to church. We're going to visit the Vineyard church here in Comayagua. It will be awesome!

3 comments:

  1. Flush...I do the same thing when I have uninvited guests. Hope your problem with the ants will goes away...perhaps they are just waiting for the 'uncles' to come and pick them up??? I know...bad one. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...cockroaches on the same plane as snakes?? NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! :) (Guess who!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Carolyn, that was pretty bad, but I laughed anyway. And, no, the uncles haven't arrived yet.

    Well, GLENDA, yeah, they're at least almost on the same level as snakes. In my eyes, anyway!

    ReplyDelete