Saturday, December 26, 2009

Ist Die Post Offen?...

Sorry for the German, but that's what came to mind as I saw that the post office is closed today.  Next door, a man was cleaning the wrought iron on his pharmacy gate, so I asked him if the post office would be open today.  Nope.  Oh, well.  I guess I'll wait until Monday.

Before heading back home, I walked to another store that someone told me might have the type of motorcycle I'm looking for.  They didn't, but I did find out that, in addition to free registration, they also give TWO free helmets when you buy a bike there.  Most of the other places that I've been to all give one helmet.  One place only does the free registration, but does not give helmets.  I've already scratched that place off my list.

Walking through the market today was such a pleasure.  I'm not sure if the lack of huge crowds was because it's the day after Christmas or that it was fairly early.  My guess is 'fairly early', since as I walked back toward home, it was much busier.  I stopped to say hello to my friend, Walter, at his fruit stand and ask him about his Christmas.  He told me it was not a good day because he was missing his mother, who recently passed away.  I felt bad for him, but appreciated the fact that he was so willing to share with me.

Then, when I was near the mall, I saw one of our teachers and talked to her for a few minutes.  I like being out and seeing people I know.  Sometimes when I'm walking by somewhere or riding in the back of the truck, I'll hear, "Hello, Miss Susan!" coming from somewhere.  Usually, I don't see who it is, but assume that it's a student, so I just call out, "Hello!"  Although, it was pretty cool the night I was riding on the back of Hector's moto, heading toward the cathedral and saw Omar and his family driving in their truck.  We waved and said hello to each other from the road.

It's only 10:30am, and it's already 80°, so it looks like it's going to be a pretty warm day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment