Thursday, December 31, 2009

Lively House...

I got up at 6am this morning because I wanted to get my laundry washed and on the line before Jenny even got up.  Well, that didn't quite work.  I had started my laundry and was back in my room about 6:20 and heard Jenny get up.  She went back to her room and I went out to the kitchen to put away the dry dishes.  A few minutes later Jenny was also in the kitchen.

It's a big day today: New Year's Eve.  There are eggs to boil. Corn casserole to prepare.  An old man to make.  Etc. Etc.  And, we've got the easy part.  Sandi is making the turkey and ham, plus lots more side dishes.  Char is making the cheesecake, but she did that last night.  And, Autumn made a batch of chocobananos.


Jenny's got the eggs already hard boiled and cooling so that she can make deviled eggs.  Plus, the old man is pretty well stuffed.  And it's only 7:30am.  My laundry was on the line by 7:00 and last night I got out most of the ingredients I'll need for the corn casserole.  I'm going to make two pans of it: one with salsa verde and a little kick of hot sauce and the other one plain.  I'm also going to make a batch of punch and need to walk down to the supe (grocery store, short for supermercado) to get a few more ingredients.

Poor Autumn!  I'm sure she's wishing we weren't up and around so early this morning.  But, actually, this is pretty much normal for us; the past two weeks have been the aberration where we didn't really get going until 7:00 or later.

Later this morning, we're all going to La Princesita for baleadas.  Yum.  I'll bet I could eat baleadas there every morning and not get sick of them.  The comical part will be loading 11 of us into the pickup truck.  We've been doing quite a bit of that the last week or so and we draw a bit of attention to ourselves since we're a T.L.O.G. ~~ Truck Load Of Gringos.  Heck, I even have a T-shirt to prove it.  (Thanks, Luda!)

No comments:

Post a Comment