Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Partial Lifting of the Curfew...

Just a few minutes ago I found out that there has been a partial lifting of the curfew. We can go to the store for food, medicine or gas. Although, the part about the gas makes little sense since we still shouldn't be driving around freely.

Well, the news made it out pretty quickly. I'm hearing A LOT of traffic coming and going down the side street outside my living room. A LOT!! We're going to head out to the store ourselves. I think we're going to try to stock up on some staples. I'll probably buy some rice and toss it in the freezer. I already have plenty of beans and I have a decent supply of chicken in the freezer, as well. Diet Coke. I probably need to get some Diet Coke. Although, would you believe that I only drink it once a week or less? Really. I drink so much water and té de jamaica (hibiscus tea) that I don't even miss it. This morning, though, I was craving Diet Coke instead of my normal coffee, so I opened one of the two bottles I have stashed in the fridge. I'm enjoying it now.

We've been spending a lot of time praying for the nation and for a peaceful resolution to the current political troubles. There has been a little bit of violence, but it's all in Tegucigalpa, the capital. Most of it seems to center around those who were blatantly defying the curfew.

Hmmm, something's happened... I was listening (not intently, mind you) to Khaddafi addressing the UN. Suddenly I heard nothing. I just checked the TV and many stations are scrambled. All of the Honduran stations are broadcasting the same thing: some kind of "travel to Honduras" promotion. I'm gonna go ahead and post this now, in case we lose internet. It happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment