Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tired of Writing About Curfews...

Yes, I'm tired of writing about curfews, and you're probably just as tired of reading about them. We're still under curfew, but for the past few days it's been 10p-5a, which really doesn't mean much to me. I'm not likely to be out after 10p or need to go anywhere before 5a. Besides, there's more than that going on.

We still don't know how things are going to shake out here, and we continue to pray. All the news outlets seem to have their opinions, and, frankly, it's a bit wearying to keep reading about what *might* happen if something else happens, which is predicated upon something entirely different. Know what I mean?

My friend, Jenny, has had her brother and two other friends from her church in AZ visiting. They've been here in Comayagua for almost two weeks. They are all an awesome bunch, but they're leaving tomorrow. So, I'm going to meet them all at La Casita for dinner in a bit. La Casita has always been one of my favorite restaurants here and it's apparently one of theirs, as well. It also doesn't hurt that the food is cheap!

Now, about that gecko poop...

For several mornings in a row, I would come out into the kitchen and find what I first thought was a single mouse turd on the counter. And, each morning I'd clean it up, wondering why there was only one turd. I didn't see any other signs of mice, and normally, mice leave much more than just one turd. OK, call me strange, but one morning I looked at the turd. I mean, really looked. It didn't really look like a mouse turd, either. It was pointed at one end. And white. The pointed end of the turd, or, the tip of the turd, if you prefer, was white, kind of like it was graying or a little ashy.

Hmmmm... So, what did I do? Google, of course. Yes, I did a Google search for "gecko poop". I had a suspicion, but needed to check it out. Although I didn't find any pictures, I did find enough descriptions to realize that, yes, I had gecko poop on my counter. The morning I came to this realization, I asked Sandi about it. Before I could even finish telling her what I thought it was, she laughed and said, "That's gecko poop."

It's amazing what you can find on Google, huh?

Interstingly, since the day that Zelaya sneaked back into the country, I haven't had any gecko poop on my counter. Coincidental or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment