Saturday, January 7, 2012

Copyright Infringement Anyone?...

Today we (me, Brenda and Adam) were on our way to the falls at Pulhapanzak, but first we needed to go to LaPaz to pick up Brenda's sister, Annie.  LaPaz is about 20-30 minutes away and it's a nice drive.  Because of all the construction on the highway, we went through Ajuterique and Lajamani -- the same route that I take on my motorcycle and on my bicycle.  It's more scenic, anyway.

We got to Annie's apartment and as I was getting out of the car, I laughed at the bar across the street.

And just in case you can't see the sign very well, maybe this will be better:


Don't have a cow, Man!  This kind of blatant copyright infringement happens all the time.

We had a great time at the falls.  I'll write more about that in a future post.  I even have more pics.  One thing I will say, is that I'm glad I brought my trekking poles.  It made maneuvering around a lot easier!

After we got back to LaPaz, Adam pointed out the name of the little restaurant next to Annie's apartment.

Now, I don't care how good the food is ~ I'm not eating at a restaurant named "Aunt Poo".  Maybe if she added an 'H' to her name and had picture of a Hunny pot on the sign it might be better.  No, this isn't copyright infringement, but it's pretty darn funny.  Well, at least I don't think it's copyright infringement. Um, I hope it's not copyright infringement.

After leaving LaPaz, and back out on the highway, we stopped at Finca el Carmen.  I wanted to buy some chicharrón and some chicharrón to make pupusas. I ended up buying some tamales, too.

Talk about blatant copyright infringement:

Anyone hungry for some Famous Dave's?


Apparently Finca knows they're doing something they shouldn't.  Their product that is packed and marketed for export, like tamales, has a totally different logo.


No comments:

Post a Comment