Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas. Celebrate Different©...

First, for all of you grammar buffs, you and I both know that it should be 'celebrate differently', but that's my wink and nod to Apple and their brilliant marketing campaign of several years ago.  Hence, the copyright symbol.

Now, the Christmas season is upon us.  It never ceases to amaze me how Christmas items make their way to store shelves earlier and earlier each year.  When I was very young, Christmas didn't arrive in the stores until the day after Thanksgiving, and that day wasn't yet called Black Friday.  Then a few years later, Christmas was on the shelves a week or two before Thanksgiving.  Fast forward a few years and Christmas made its entrance immediately after Halloween.  Now, Christmas arrives before Halloween.  I'm sure that, soon, we'll be able to do our Back to School and Christmas shopping all in one trip.  I mean, surely that will save time, no?  

This will be the second Christmas that I've spent in Honduras.  I love the way Honduras celebrate the holiday because it focuses so much more on family and friends than gifts and overspending.  And, frankly, since I no longer have a job that would allow me to overspend, I'm grateful!  I'm already looking forward to finding ways that I can bless my friends here.  Perhaps invite them over for a meal.  Maybe some homemade bread or a pot of soup?  I'm praying for creativity, that's for sure!

One of my Facebook friends posted this link...  http://tiny.cc/wearepregnant  Watch it and be challenged to perhaps change some (or even just one) of the ways that you celebrate Christmas.  Really, the HolyDay is all about Jesus, anyway. Right?

So, with that, I say Celebrate Different©

No comments:

Post a Comment