Monday, November 9, 2009

Iguanas, Iguanas, and More Iguanas...

OK, before I start with the iguanas, I need to tell you about something that happened today...  I was outside, checking some laundry on the line, and I heard something thud on the ground behind me.  I turned around in time to see something come to a rest.  It was a diaper.  A disposable diaper. Used.  And all wrapped up in a neat little bundle.  It caught me totally off guard, so I went over, picked it up and threw it back over the wall.  Yeah, that may not have been the right thing to do, but it was my first response.  I mean, someone tossed a dirty diaper wad over our wall as they were walking by.  I'm sure it was not aimed at us as gringos, or anything like that, but, still...  It was pretty strange.

Now, about the iguanas.  I've caused quite a stir on Facebook today, posting several iguana pictures. 

Here's a pic of one of the many iguanas who live on our property and come out during the heat of the day...


And here is a pic of what they look like when cooked...


No, that's not a meal that I prepared.  I found it while doing a search on iguanas.  The pic actually comes from El Salvador.  But, for the record, if I ever have the option, yes, I will try iguana.

So, then I started looking a bit more.  It seems that you can buy canned iguana consommé...


And even canned iguana soup...


Did you notice that the canned products claim that the iguana product is an aphrodisiac? Natural energy... Yes, folks, just a bit of iguana and the Little Blue Pill is obsolete.

No comments:

Post a Comment