Sunday, November 8, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

It rained yesterday morning until about 9am. It rained (hard!) last night, starting at about 9pm. It started raining again this morning and didn't quit until about 8am. Then, it started raining about 4pm today, and is still raining. Yes, it's definitely the rainy season here. I'm just hoping it will quit long enough tomorrow, and that the sun will come out with intensity, so that I can get few loads of laundry washed and, more importantly, dried.

Church this morning was a totally cool experience for me. We had our normal time of praise and worship, then the offering, and then Esperanza started to preach. After a few minutes, she divided us into three different groups to discuss the Scriptures and questions she had prepared. The very cool part is that I was completely engaged in the discussion. I mean, I understood around 90% or more of what our group was discussing. Not only that, but I could actually contribute -- in Spanish. Wow! That felt really good. I welcome more times like that.

Last night I was talking to a few people from the team who were working at the Center. We were talking about the possibility of starting some English classes for them. Several of them told me how much they can hear my Spanish improving all the time. I don't hear it. I don't see it. And, so many times, I certainly don't feel like it. But, I will graciously accept their compliments!

No comments:

Post a Comment