Friday, October 9, 2009

Everything Changes...

Yup, things change here all the time. Just two days ago I was writing about the government decree that all schools must be finished next Friday, all grades submitted, and all students must pass, regardless of their grades. Well, the very next day, the government said, "Uh, you private schools don't have to do this. You can still continue as scheduled." So, we're back to our normal schedule. Who knows what will happen tomorrow?

I went out for another bike ride this morning. It feels so good, even though my saddle needs to be raised a bit (no quick release parts on my bike). Maybe this afternoon I'll ask Antonio to help me with it, or at least borrow some tools from him.

I did three laps on the boulevard again. Tomorrow, I think I'll go out and do more laps, but maybe I'll start by riding to the old boulevard and having a baleada for breakfast. Who knows? That's tomorrow and there's no sense in me trying to decide or make those plans today.

While I was riding, I was looking around at the surrounding mountains. Beautiful. I also like to look at all the different things on the boulevard. I've been watching the progress of the people who are setting up for the feria (fair). I don't think the feria starts until December, but it looks like they're making good progress. Several rides are in place: the ferris wheel, the pulpo (octopus), some "go round and round" ride, etc.. Today I saw that they have several little eating booths going up, including one that will be selling pupusas. Hmmm, it should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment