Sunday, October 18, 2009

La Piscina...

Thursday morning I still got up pretty much at my normal time of 6am. Even though we had the day off, I wanted to go for a bike ride. So, I got dressed, ate a little breakfast and then headed out. I ended up doing 4 laps instead of my now normal three. One of these days I'll figure out what the mileage is for each lap, but for now, who cares?

Shortly after I got back to the house, Sandi called me and asked if I wanted to go to the pool. Um, yeah. So, we spent several hours at the pool at Campo de Golf, including having our lunch there. It was nice. I hadn't been to the golf course yet, so it was nice to see someplace new. My friend, Jenny, is getting married out there in July.

The pool was great. I just kind of lounged around in the pool for a while. When I needed a break, I got out and laid on one of the lounge chairs and then back to the pool. I also spent time writing out postcards. Sandi & Currie are heading back to the States tomorrow, so they're going to mail them for me.

The break was nice, but when we were back in school on Friday, the kids were so totally wired they were barely manageable. At least, that's the way my 6th graders were. I guess it's also not much help that I have them on Friday afternoons, AFTER lunch. At that point, all they can think about is either playing fĂștbol or just going home for the weekend.

Yesterday, Saturday, Jenny called me and we ended up meeting for lunch. Baleadas. Yum! Then, in the evening, Jenny and Josue brought their youth group to the Center to hang out. It was a bit of a disappoint since it was raining so hard yesterday. Oh well. Otra vez.

No comments:

Post a Comment